Sea Food Recipes
Shrimp and Avocado Salad
- 7 oz cooked Shrimp (cook 8-9 oz raw in a skillet, with a sprinkle of salt and 1 garlic)
- 2 oz avocado
- 1 1/2 T Kraft olive oil Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup cucumber
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cauliflower chunks (raw)
2 T red onion
Cook shrimp, Cool.
Mix together all ingredients and enjoy
(1 lean serving, 3 servings green, 2 healthy fats, 2 condiments)
- 8 oz raw shrimp.
- 1 sm can mushrooms
- 2 stalks celery cut on the diagonal
- 1 cup cabbage- cut thin
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp lime juice
In a skillet cook all ingredients except shrimp and lime juice. Cook till cabbage is more clear in color. Then add shrimp and cook about 5 minutes. Remove to and sprinkle with lime. Enjoy!
Curry Shrimp with Cauliflower Rice
- 7 oz shrimp (Lean) (Start with 8-9 oz)
- 2 Laughing Cow Light (1 Healthy Fat) (Laughing cow should only be used on since it’s not healthy fat or condiment)
- 1/4 cup of water + 4 quarts for boiling shrimp
- 1/2 tsp of curry powder (1 Condiment)
- 1 tsp fish sauce (1/3 Condiment)
- 1 1/2 cup of Cauliflower (3 Greens) (Measure raw then cook and puree otherwise you get too much)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1) In a pot add 4 quarts of water. Bring to boil and add shrimp. Cook shrimp till fully cooked or pink. Set aside.
2) In a medium heat pan place water and 2 Laughing cow cheese wedges, blend in well until sauce becomes creamy.
3) Add curry powder and fish sauce, mix. Then add cooked shrimp mix a little more and bring the simmer.
4) In a ziplock bag add cauliflower. Cook for 4 minutes on High.
5) Remove and puree with blender or mash. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6) Plate "rice" first and curry on top ENJOY!
Cilantro Lime Shrimp & Green Beans
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz shrimp, shelled and
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 T chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 lime
- salt and pepper
- 1 3/4 cups fresh green beans(will cook down to 1 1/2 cups)
Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Add oil to the pan, when hot add shrimp. Season with salt and pepper. When the shrimp is cooked on one side, about 2 minutes, turn over and add garlic. Saute another minute or two until shrimp is cooked, careful not to overcook. Remove from heat. Squeeze lime all over shrimp and toss with cilantro. Serve hot.
In a separate pan, add green beans, crushed garlic to taste, and season with salt and pepper. Cook on for 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water and cover, cook for an additional 8 minutes. Uncover and cook until water evaporates. Serve hot on the side of shrimp.
Servings:1 Serving Size: 6 oz shrimp & 1-1/2 cups green beans 1 healthy fat-3 condiments
Calories: 257.3 -- 5.1g Protein: 35.9 g 17.4 g Fiber: 4.1 g
7 oz. cooked cooled (or use 7 oz. poached white fish, cooled and flaked)
1 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 cup canned tomatoes (petite diced or you could puree them in a blender)
Add seasonings to taste:
1 tsp. Splenda
1 to 2 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 to 1 tsp. prepared horseradish
Pour seasoned tomatoes on top of seafood and celery (or mix together) and serve.
1 lean, 3 green, 2-3 condiments depending on how much you use.
2 healthy fats are still needed, so I take that as an opportunity to eat my favorite green olives!
Italian Eggplant and Shrimp
(I just invented this last night and it was so yummy I had to make it again today so I could share it with you!)
Start cooking in a small skillet
1/2 -8" eggplant sliced into 4 slices- abt. .33" thick then sliced crossways to form strips. (I used 1/2 eggplant and 1/2 zucchini in the picture because I didn't have enough eggplant) 1/2 large tomato or whole small- diced 2 thin slices of red onion sprinkle of oregano, salt pepper 2 olive oil Saute in at turning as the mixture starts to brown. After a few times, turn down to simmer and allow to finish cooking. In a separate pan: Start cooking 16 jumbo Shrimp (~9 oz raw) Flip the shrimp then sprinkle with... Sprinkle of dried dill Sprinkle of salt.
Finish cooking! To plate your dinner pour eggplant mixture on the plate and then distribute shrimp over the top! Eat them combined for the best flavor.
Add Parmesan cheese and lime over the top for a great touch!
Swai with Healthy White Dipping Sauce and Broccoli
6 oz portion of Swai (white fish) (2/3 lean) Orange Roughy or Tilapia would be perfect too.
Cook in until one side is lightly brown. Flip and add some salt and garlic. Add 1 tsp trans butter. (1 HF)
Cook 2 cups Broccoli in the microwave in a ziplock bag for 4 minutes.
White Dipping sauce: (1/3 lean)+ (1/4 optional snack)
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 tsp pickle juice
Dash of salt
Puree till no lumps remain.
Dip broccoli in sauce. Spread sauce on fish. Add 1 oz avocado foe 2nd Healthy Fat.
Portion:1 Lean, 3 greens, 2 HF, 1/4 optional snack, 1 condiment